I have been thinking strawberry this week, firstly finishing my strawberry pincushions for a flickr Strawberry pincushion swap . These are quick and rewarding to make and easy to add to with embroidery and trim.
I used a vintage latice style print which gave a great canvas for beading the 'seeds' and a scrap pf Sandi Henderson ginger blossom fabric for the other and added french knots and an embroidered bee.
The leaves/storks are felt from Seamstar, I love the 1930s mint green colour. The flowers were lace trim scraps and buttons. A loop of ribbon and mini ric-rac provides hanging loops for each.
I used one of the basket blocks from 500 Quilt Blocks to make a mini lined drawstring bag (adapting Jeni's pattern) to pop them in with a few other goodies- they are winging their way to their new owner right now.
If you want to make one of your own, I used this pattern from Embroideroo as my base and then played around with the size. I also used fusible fleece to back the fabric. This makes for a firmer strawberry and gives a good strong base for beads, knots and embroidery.Sublime Stitching. I wrapped the embroidery thread once round the needle for these.
Susi (daveandsusi on flickr)
Erin that brought some pleasure back to Flickr. There seem to be a lot of little swaps like this going on there at the moment so keep a look out!